HazMat in a Box – Confined Space

Confined Space Rescue – Case Study – Part 3

Editors Note:  This is Part 3 of a multipart series of training points learned from an actual incident.   Click here for Part 1, and here for Part 2 of article, above is video of incident.   We start this article with a review and key points to consider.   On August 25, 2014 a worker entered a 3’x3’ entrance to an approximately ...

Read More »

Firefighters rescue 2 workers trapped at Westport church construction site

KCTV5 According to KCTV: KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) – Firefighters rescued two construction workers Tuesday after they were overcome by fumes in the basement of a Westport church under construction. Kansas City Fire Department Battalion Chief James Garrett said crews were called to Westport Presbyterian Church, 201 Westport Rd., about 9:45 a.m. on a “confined space” rescue. One man passed ...

Read More »

Confined Space Rescue – Case Study – Part 2

Editors Note:  This is Part 2 of a multipart series of training points learned from an actual incident.   Click here to view Part 1 including news video of incident.   Sometimes there is not enough emphasis on the basics such as metering – which aid in your survivability profile and decisions such as PPE, Ventilation, and decon of both ...

Read More »

OSHA levies fines against local industryManaging partner says company working closely with OSHA to resolve issues

Reposted from: The Fort Scott Tribune Friday, March 13, 2015 Tribune Staff Report Workers welding inside steel tanks were reportedly exposed to toxic fumes because their employer lacked an effective program to protect them, according to a press release from the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration following an inspection of the Fort Scott facility by OSHA. ...

Read More »

Niece Products of Kansas faces more than $60K in fines for endangering workers

Reposted from: KOAM Updated: Mar 12, 2015 11:40 AM PDT FORT SCOTT, KANSAS – Workers welding inside steel tanks were exposed to toxic fumes because their employer lacked an effective program to protect them, an inspection by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration has found. Niece Products of Kansas received 15 serious safety and health citations, ...

Read More »

Confined Space Rescue – Case Study – Part 1

Editors Note: Confined space rescue is generally placed in the technical rescue discipline, however anybody that instructs or has been on confined space incidents knows that hazardous materials are involved, perhaps, more times than not.  This is Part 1 of a multipart series of training points learned from an actual incident.  Each training point aims to improve your response to ...

Read More »

Confined-Space Rescue In Woodbridge

Reposted: Crews rescued a 30-year-old man who became light-headed while working in a small enclosure on Riverside Drive Thursday night. By Michelle Sahn (Patch Staff) February 27, 2015 at 10:36am A 30-year-old man, who became light-headed while working in a confined space, was rescued Thursday night, police said. Rescue crews used a pulley and a stokes first aid basket to get the ...

Read More »

CO kills senior woman after generator used in small space

reposted: P.E.I.’s chief coroner not providing identification of victim CBC News Posted: Feb 25, 2015 12:19 PM AT Last Updated: Feb 25, 2015 12:19 PM AT A senior woman in P.E.I. has died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning after operating a portable generator in a confined space. Dr. Des Colohan, the province’s chief coroner, says the person died ...

Read More »

Safety Violation Tied to Vignesh’s Death in Malaysia

Reposted from: By Express News Service Published: 20th February 2015 06:04 AM Last Updated: 20th February 2015 06:04 AM Nineteen-year old Vignesh, a engine cadet in Jams Marine College in Thoothkudi district, and his batchmate Nikhil Silvi from Kochi in Kerala, along with a Bangladeshi national died after allegedly inhaling carbon monoxide and ammonia gas after being trapped in a ...

Read More »